Check out all these companies with Bitcoin on their balance sheet.
Crypto isn't going anywhere - time to learn of you'll be left behind. Onward..
- Employers, take note: online job searches for remote positions across industries jumped 460% between June 2019 & June 2021, according to Glassdoor. Interest in remote work remains elevated, even as health restrictions lift & businesses reopen physical spaces. You could secure top talent if willing to use remote work as a leverage point! Read more.
- Companies that require all employees to go back into the office full-time are incurring culture debt. Like financial debt, they'll have to pay it off at some point -- with interest. Read more.
WHAT TO WATCH
- The S&P 500 rose 20% this year without a single 5% pullback but Analysts are preparing to take a neutral stance on U.S. stocks from a steadfastly bullish one. The reasoning for the downgrade include elevated investor equity exposures, past-peak growth, September’s poor historical returns and fiscal-spending drag in 2022, among other factors. Read more here.
- PS on the above, the problem with any rise of the market right now is inflation. Great read on Pomp substack about this. Here’s something interesting, two charts but denominated in different currencies:
- Chinese unwilling to cooperate in COVID-19 investigation. Hmmm... The 17-agency U.S. intelligence community announced it reached an inconclusive assessment regarding the origins of COVID-19. In a statement, Biden said the Chinese regime obstructed efforts to investigate COVID-19. I’ll just leave you with this quote: Conversations are only dangerous if you have something to hide. Source.
"Focus on the future productivity of the asset you are considering. If you don’t feel comfortable making a rough estimate of the asset’s future earnings, just forget it and move on." (Warren Buffett, Warrent Buffet Investing Principles by Shane Parrish)
Sound advice but, it comes at a cost. Warren has missed opportunities in the past due to an inability to accurately predict future value. The world is changing, and changing quickly. Keep in mind that there are things that can be accurately valued and things that cannot. An open mind takes both into consideration. What is lacking on a financial statement is usually the human emotion/psycholoyg around a certain thing.
Subscribe to Market Movers Digest
Subscribe to emails so you never miss a digest.